Sunday, September 22, 2019

My "Study" Planner


Hi hello assalamualaikum, it's been quite some time since I last uploaded an entry here so this time I decided to write a bit regarding my planner, academic planner to be precise cs it's not really a study planner pun hihi. Few weeks back when I uploaded a picture on my whatsapp status, my junior replied to it (yes that's you Amirah) complimenting my writing haha adoi malu noks and asked about tips berkenaan study planner. 

Yess tengok tu dia puji kita, maluuuu hahaha gedik je

Honestly my planner, previously memang buat ala2 bullet journal (aka bujo) tapi sometimes rasa malas gila nak update bujo everyday tau so lama2 it became specifically for class' schedule and deadlines only, which I find quite useful to create awareness abt yr schedule and academic. 

Since dah janji, and I rasa terlebih rajin nak write, so here we go, some pictures of my planner and how I arrange them so they would somewhat provide benefits for me. Gitewww. And of course I hope for those yang rasa nak buat planner, will find this helpful in some ways for you to start planning your own journal :)


So before start pape, kena lah ada buku ye. Haha. I stitched up this book myself sebab honestly I couldn't find any suitable ready-made journal that is up to my liking thus I made this myself (learnt from YouTube). Since it's made from thick paper (sketching pad), kita boleh tampal2 on the page so I always start my new academic year with this, as you can see in the picture above, the academic calendar. Might seem like unimportant but I love to know when is the mid-semester break, study break and also exam period. Crucial for you to prep up your mind actually.

Click picture for bigger view

Then I akan search for online blank calendars and print them out, susun ikut month so you'll have your monthly and roughly your weekly spread. Suka buat macam ni sebab you akan dapat your weekly overall view. And honestly memudahkan.

Firstly sebab jadual class (at least for my course) tak sama for each week. So I definitely akan copy each class and write them on each day, as you can see in above picture. I tulis eeeeverything; class, test, presentation, cuti, ospe, and pape je lah yang relevan. This was from my third semester. Kiranya bila dah dapat jadual tu, basically salin je yg mana dah tertulis dalam jadual. I pasted all the printed calendar in the middle, sebab left column I nak label week berapa berapa. 

And paling penting kat sini is the right column, sebab I akan isi all the deadlines utk assignment submission, test and presentation day. Since kita dah tulis, kita akan jadi alert about these dates thus kita akan sedar, "oh assignment ni nak kena submit lagi 2 weeks la" "oh, presentation tu same day with test la, kena prepare slide awal2 ni sebab nanti nak kena study for the test lagi" macam tu lah lebih kurang. 

Nampak simple kan, tapi, rather than you beratkan your brain nak ingat all the deadlines, ada baiknya you jot down all of them. So kalau you boleh zoom in dekat right column tu, you boleh nampak, benda yg dah settle or dah submit, I akan tick. Benda yg tak jadi, or postponed, I'll just cross them out. Simple.


Ni another example untuk my fifth semester, same layout, ada left column for week labelling, middle untuk calendar, and right column for deadlines & important dates. Macam biasa, tulis classes from what time to what time, subjek apa and even cuti pun I tulis dekat calendar tu. Penting ok. Haha. Peteh ganu peteh tu cuti sempena menang bola ke apa tah lupa dah hahaha


Here comes the daily spread. Tapi daily spread ni bertahan sampai sem berapa je entah sebab tak mampu nak tulis semua so lately kalau ada benda/task yg important and takut lupa, I'll just set a reminder in my Google calendar sebab that's what smartphones are for. Meh. Hahaha. So previously, awal2 dulu, my daily spread looked like this, before I changed them into the below picture. Basically, untuk daily spread, you tulis task apa you nak achieve on that particular day, tapi tulis a day before. Kalau the next day ada submission, then tulis "submit assignment TITAS"or ada meeting dengan lecturer, tulis "jumpa Dr A", or ada test in few days more so tulis "study chapter 1 dan 2, test dah dekat oi" or even macam simple task like "beli bawang dan shampoo" or even "kemas bilik", seriously anything yang kita nak buat, tulis. 

So at the end of the day, before you tidur or after dah settle task tu, cross out je yang mana dah settle. Yang mana belum settle, just copy balik task tersebut utk kita buat the next day (sebab we prepare task utk next day kan the night before.) Ha camtula.


So ni, I tambah timeline above each day, sebab tu nampak ada border and kemas sedikit, so I macam colour la, 01-06/07 tu waktu tidur, then kalau yg lain, class I colour kuning so nampak la oh ni ada class masa ni. Then, macam Thursday 21 tu, in pink, was OSPE time, colour a day before so nanti tau la oh esok ada OSPE habis pukul sekian lepastu baru boleh enjoy ok. Ha gitu. Indicator tu sesaja la nak kasi nampak sistematik gitew. Sleep and water tracker tu just for fun je la sebenarnya. Back then takde mi band apa jadah tu so sekarang teknologi yang buat semua haha. 

But it's fun actually if you consistent and commit to your bujo everyday. Sebab nanti in the end boleh nampak your lifestyle pattern, you productive ke tak week tu, so nanti boleh muhasabah diri and be better for the next week or month. And bila kita jot down task apa yang kita nak buat the next day, most probably we'll do it sebab kita eager nak cross out apa yang kita tulis. The satisfaction of being able to get the task done and crossing them out of your to-do-list gives you further motivation to do better the following day :)

Another example :)

So I think tu je for this entry, basically that's what I do since semester 3 until now semester 7 (dah semester 8 sebenarnya kalau ikut sistem) tapi takpelah. Basically sentiasa buat yg monthly tu sebab it helps me to see the semester in overview, macam boleh nampak overall, "oh sabtu first bulan oktober ada this this this" so senang la kita nak plan ahead, nak plan bila nak buat group assignment dan sebagainya. I hope you'll find this entry helpful and will be able to make a planner that's beneficial for yourself ok. So good luck guys and take care. Assalamualaikum :D


Share:

0 buddy (ies):