Thursday, February 14, 2013

My JC1 at Perdana University (PU-RCSI)



Assalamualaikum and greetings beautiful and handsome people :)
Currently I'm at home, enjoying the remaining days of Chinese New Year holidays,
and I feel this holidays are more relaxing compared to my semester break holiday,
I do enjoy every second without thinking about my studies hoho.
Thought of doing histology tapi satu apa pun tak buat.
It's okay, tu la makna holiday. Cuti.
Hehehehe.

Semester 2 has begun last week and there's quite number of things yang dah belajar.
Especially Molecular Medicine.
Phewww I hope this semester I'll be able to manage my studies well.
Sobs.

It's been awhile since I thought of typing an entry about my life throughout the first semester,
but this leisure and happiness of holidays make me feel lazier by days,
and rasa sangat malas to do anything including nak blogging.
Hehehe. I even don't know how to start, from which point should I narrate?


Hmmmmm. With the orientation, I think.
I've posted about the offer I got, right?
So straight we go to the registration day.
It was September 19 and a sad day for me, because the farewell moment with my family didn't went well.
And Ibah was slightly sick on that particular day, and I was stuck with the orientation programme since I arrived late :(
So I couldn't wave them goodbye nicely sobsob.
It took me about 2 weeks to settle down my tears, but the homesickness has never disappeared.
I miss my home, my family everyday.

The orientation week was held for 3 days, from Wednesday (the registration day) to Friday.
Full of talks, a short walk around the campus and some other stuffs we've done which I couldn't recall right now.
And the most exciting event to be remembered, of course, the dinner event.
There's nothing much to tell actually.






And then we officially started our class the week after the orientation week.
Monday, Sept 24 rasanya. And the time flies so fast, we had our last class for JC1 on Dec 21st,
before having 2 weeks of Christmas break,
followed by one week of study week before we fought to die for our final examinations. Hohoho.

So, roughly, about the modules we've to learn during Junior Cycle 1 are:
Module 1 : Neuromuscular (NM)
Module 2 : Haemopoietic and Immune System (HIS)
Module 3 & 4 : Alimentary System (Double module) (AS)
Module 5 : Concept and Principles of Biomedicine (CPB)
Module 6 : Health, Behaviour and Society (HBS)

Basically, that's all of it.
Looks pretty simple but once you're here, you'll know how big and complex that simple look is actually.

In each module, things are mixed up,
anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology and blahblahblah.
Hehehehe. Kecuali module HBS, it's all about Psychology.
CPB is 75% about biochemistry and a bit of pharmacology.

Anddd, histology, is a subject which we have to learn it by ourselves.
Self-learning, ada final exam O.O
Awesome mehhh T___T

What else?
Oh, that card signing.
Okay, card signing adalah moment yang paling ditakuti I think, apart from examinations.
Card signing ni adalah sesi oral test (grades are recorded) tentang anatomi.
You'll be asked about anatomi yang ada inside your lecture notes.
You'll be sorted in groups, and the session will be held every two week,
bergilir2, I don't know how to describe but untuk one whole semester, this card signing akan ada 3 kali.
In front of your groupmates (and maybe the whole class), lecturer will ask you questions up to 3 minutes rasanya.
Part tanya depan ramai orang ni la buat aku lemah semangat. I don't like oral test :(
I'll always end screwed up like I learnt nothing :(
So sad.

Last lab class for JC1

In PU we don't do dissection, so far.
Masuk lab and watch that anatomy video, after that, discuss with your groupmates and your lecturer.
Anything yang you rasa tak make sense or you don't understand, this is the moment to ask them.

And some of us are randomly picked to follow the English class.
Yeah you got that right, I'm one of the victim. LOL
My English, obviously isn't so good so I had to attend the class during last semester,
and apparently for this semester as well.
Some of us are lucky to be excluded from attending the class for this sem.
*greening with envy*
Satu je yang aku rasa berat nak attend the class, which is I get bored and sleepy damn easily,
and Ms Ann will notice that I'm sleepy (or worse, I'm sleeping),
because the class consists of only a few people T____T
Tak boleh tidur dalam kelas sobsob.

Thanks Azwa for this photo, curik from facebook hoho.
Ini some of us who were in the English class. Again this is the last day for JC1 ;)

Apa lagi nak diceritakan ya?
Test dengan exam tak nak cerita. I hate that part. Heeeee ;)
Oh ye, Perdana University (PU) ni takde kampus sendiri lagi jadi kami menumpang MARDI hoho.
Sihat hidup dalam kawasan MARDI ni, hijaaaauuu je penuh dengan pokok hiks.
Closer to nature gitteewww.
Aura gedik aku dah keluar nampaknya. Muehehe :3


Okay sebelum aku share gambar2 yang terkumpul sepanjang semester 1, nak cite sikit pasal PU ni.
Under PU, we got two different medical schools which are:
(1) Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine (PUGSOM), in collaboration with Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
(2) Perdana University - Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (PU-RCSI).

PUGSOM ni khas untuk mereka yang telahpun mempunyai ijazah,
I'm not so sure in what course but definitely bukan ijazah doktor perubatan la,
but then they still can be a doctor kalau take this course, for 4 years.


While PU-RCSI is an undergraduate medical degree programme.
Awesome meh this med school, aku suka, happy belajar kat PU :)
I don't know why, maybe sebab the people are awesome, but I really am thankful to be here.
Even though I really feel I did bad for my semester 1,
I still have 9 semesters left to make few changes to every single thing to be better,
insyaAllah, with His help, things will be better, slowly.

I don't know what to write anymore, idea kurang sobsob.
But if you're interested in joining us in PU and happened to come across this post,
and have something on your mind that you would like to know,
just ask me okay. I would be glad to help you guys :)

And oh, we got no official hostels jugak so far so PU provided us Cyber Height Villa,
which is a luxury place I think for students to live, habis mak oi separuh elaun JPA aku muehehe :3
I hope Mr Aru will find a nicer, less pricy place for us to accommodate next year.
Cyber Height ni sebenarnya okay je, aku je yang over cerewet :/



Some pictures of Cyber Heights hohoho.
Enjoy the captured moments! ;)
Note that some pictures are taken from friends' facebooks,
I have no camera sobsob :'(

In auditorium, waiting for class to start.
Yes this is Bob AF2 and Abigail, my friend in PU.
Okay masa ni we joined the 2012 World AIDS Day Celebration at Berjaya Times Square.
Great experience, great day!
We were assigned a few tasks, untuk sell those cards which akan contribute untuk donation kepada HIV Positive patients. Baru tahu rasa salesman macam mana. Ada yang memberi and ada yang menolak.
Itu semua pengalaman ^_^


A pretty RED day if you noticed ;)

From Azwa's profile again.
Masa ni we had lunch, specially cooked by Azwa, Rabi and  Hana.
Sedap gila. Because during weekend tak ramai ada, kami pun buat la aktiviti sendiri.
Ashraf took this picture so yeah, obviously he's not in the picture.
Ni Hana buat. SEDAPPP! :D
Ni Azwa buat. Pun SEDAPPP! Aku je yang tak pandai2 sampai hari ni :/
Ni baru sampai cyber from PU so a few of us decided to have our dinner at La Vida.
All works and no eating make us zombies laaa. Haha. 
Okay ini awesome suka gila. We had our usrah together at Masjid Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin ataupun turut dikenali sebagai Masjid Besi. CANTIK SANGAAAAAAAATTTTT. Nama sultan Terengganu lak tu, turut bangga aku muehehe :3 We finished our class, rasanya Khamis hari tu, and konvoi ramai2 had lunch at Alamanda, and lepak berusrah sepetang di Masjid Besi, and we gathered again for our dinner before heading back home :)
Thanks to Google.

Azwa, Rabi and Hana :D

Orang lain tekun tapi aku.....? :P

DINNER! Haha. Dinner itu menandakan semester tersebut menghampiri penghujungnya. Kan?
Hehehe. So this time, thanks to Mimi (in yellow shawl) for the picturessss ;)
We had our night on a cruise. Mabuk2 juga aku awal2 tu. Haha.
Meet (from left, standing) : Me, Maryam, Mimi and Izzy.
While yang sitting tu adalah our lecturers, from left, Dr Ahmed's fiancee, Dr Ahmed and Dr Jonathan.
And this Dr Jonathan lah yang interviewed me back then in May 2012!
Sadly, he's not teaching us in PU anymore. 


Us with Dr Uma and Ms Ann.


Us again with Dr Rohana and her cute lil daughter ;)
 I think that's all for now.
If I feel like adding more, I'll update this post later okay.
And actually, the examination results for semester 1 will be announced tomorrow,
so, pray for our success okay.
I really am not hoping or aiming high, I just can hope I'll pass all modules.
Really. Pray for me guys. You know how bad I did for my prev sem.
Hanya mampu berharap tomorrow's result won't affect my current semester's perfomance and spirit.
Till then, take care guys! :)

PS : Sobbing, only 2 days left to enjoy my holidays T___T

Photobucket
Share:

28 buddy (ies):

anadiyana said...

lawa tudung tyme dinner. nak pinjam boleeeeeeee :D

Anonymous said...

akak, akak amik medicine ker? best tak? akk dpt jpa aritu poiter kt uitm bape? and msuk uitm bley gi uni mana2 eh utk degree? tq kak..

Sarah Sylph said...


anadiyana,

hahaha tudung orang bagi pinjam tuuu HAHA XD

Sarah Sylph said...


Anonymous,

ye adik, hihi.
Best tu individual opinion,
Depends atas minat adik.
So far best aje ;)
Pointer akak sedang2 je wuwu sobsob.
But nak apply JPA must be above 3.5, yes of course, boleh apply mana2 uni adik suka :) Harap akak dapat tolong adik :)

amir said...

cantiknye yang name hana tu.. hehe

Sarah Sylph said...


amir,

haha Amirrr. Everyone's reading this okayyy

Fazrul Halim said...

Akak how to apply :) matrik punya budak boleh ke?

Sarah Sylph said...


Fazrul Halim,

adik kena download form kat link ni -

http://www.perdanauniversity.edu.my/pu/purcsi/index.php/admissions/applynow

Of course boleh.
Matrikulasi, asasi, STPM semua boleh!

And jangan lupa isi form untuk scholarship kat website JPA okay!

Link text

ALL THE BEST DIK :)

Sarah Sylph said...


Fazrul Halim,

link website JPA -

http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my/

Fazrul Halim said...

akak, nak apply dua dua ke yg jpa pu-rcsi isi and pu pun isi ke? or jpa je

Sarah Sylph said...


Fazrul Halim,

dua2 dik. Yang PU tu, untuk masuk PU.
Yang JPA, untuk scholarship.

Orang yang berjaya dalam interview PU-RCSI je yang akan step forward masa interview JPA nanti.

Isi dua2 k :)

Anonymous said...

salam akak..
im just done with asasi sn palam..
em, cmne nk approach akak ah? ada bnda nk tnye sal purcsi neh..huhu

Sarah Sylph said...


Anonymous,

Waalaikumussalam dik.
Adik boleh e-mail akak uwmaisarah@gmail.com or boleh leave your phone number through e-mail, easier that way :)
Ataupun boleh mention kat Twitter: Sarah Sylph, which ever yang adik selesa lah :)

Kelly Monarch said...

assalamualaikum kak, saya ade sblm ni bace kat akak nye post, akak ckp akak tak dpt upu... boleh tak nk tanye akak letak first choice ape? btw, sy pon asasi palam.. hehe

Sarah Sylph said...


Waalaikumussalam Kelly Monarch,

ha'ah akak tak dapat UPU tapi akak dapat yang rayuan punya hehe.
Akak letak medic UKM untuk RU, and akak letak medic UniSZA untuk yang bawah tu.
Oh ye ke, geng! :D

Anonymous said...

akak.. kalau pointer yg uitm bwh 3.5 tp yg upu above 3.5 agak2 dpt jpa x?

Sarah Sylph said...

Farah,

rezeki tak siapa tau, boleh cuba apply k.
Tapi just submit result UPU je k :)

Kelly Monarch said...

salam kak, hee saya lagi.. oh.. pastu akak dpt ukm medic la? pastu, sy nk tanye, td saya dpt offer letter purcsi tau, pastu saya tgk fees die, terkejut. haha kan tak tahu lagi sama ada dpt jpa ke tidak kan, die suruh pay rm80,000++ before august. tarikh masuk 18th september. bile dpt tahu dpt jpa ke tidak eh? takkan nk byr gune duit sendiri dulu? O.O

Sarah Sylph said...

Waalaikumussalam Kelly Monarch,

waalaikumussalam :)
Eh tak, tak dapat pun haha.
Tahniah! :D
Around July rasanya akan dapat tahu dapat interview JPA ke tak. Tapi secara logiknya, kalau adik dapat offer PU, automatically akan di-shortlisted untuk interview JPA. All the best okay!
Tak yah bayar dulu, tunggu JPA ;)
Kalau nak lagi confirm call PU okay :D

Janine said...

hey, congrats. I am waiting the jpa result and wonder when will it release. When did you know the result?

Sarah Sylph said...

Angie Ng,

hey thanks Angie! During my time, it was released in August, I can't recall what date it was, but I'm sure it was August. Wishing you the very best of luck Angie! :)

f4rog4ie said...

salam kak..
nk tnye,elaun tu sebulan dy bg brapa? sbb sy mcm tkjut tgok email sewa bilik sebulan 4++,agak2 cukup ke eh?
btw,sy dpt usm-kle and pu-rcsi akak rasa mne lg ok?
thx in advance :)

Sarah Sylph said...


f4rog4ie,

maaf akak lambat respon, dik.
Elaun diorang bagi RM5445 per semester according to the prev allowance. Em dulu bilik akak RM420, and cukup je if manage well adik punya expenditure. Cuma tak berani jugak nak bagi jaminan sebab power berbelanja seseorang bergantung atas individu tersebut la hehe.
Bagi USM-KLE ngan PU-RCSI yang mana lagi baik, akak tak tahu dik sebab I don't have any friends yang study USM-KLE :(
So sorry.

NSwarley said...

Hi there, I stumbled upon your blog whilst doing some research about PU-RCSI. And Im very much interested in the university. However, the prospect of the interview scares me so much. Can you share a bit about your experience during the interview?

Sarah Sylph said...

Hi NSwarley,

Apology for my late reply. I have shared my experience regarding the interview in this post here:

http://lel4.blogspot.com/2012/05/piece-of-experiences-pu-rcsis-interview.html

I hope you'll find it useful. Anyways, any further queries you can just ask me by dropping your comments here or email me at uwmaisarah@gmail.com
I'd be glad to help you :)

N.S.C said...

Hi, kak. I'm entering PU-RCSI this coming September. I would like to thank you for the post about life in Pu as it does really help a lot in knowing how the educational and academic system of the school run.Apart from that, may I know what do I need to prepare for the registration? and if I were to check in the hostel the day before registration, will there be any transport arranged to carry us to the school the next day?(If our parents were to leave first). because according to what I know, the school bus does not operate on Sundays, right?
Thank you in advance for sparing time in solving my doubts.
Have a nice day.

Sarah Sylph said...

Hi N.S.C!

Congratulations and welcome to Perdana University!
I really have forgotten about what did I prepare but be sure to bring some money because I think they'll offer you to buy the stethoscopes, etc on the registration day (which cost up to RM300 I think but you can buy those stuffs later at Kamal Bookstore). And I think they'll ask for some money to pay for the lab coat too! It will cost about RM60 if I'm not mistaken. But this was during my time, I am not sure about this year's.

Regarding the transportation and accommodation, if you were to check in the hostel the day before registration, I don't think they'll provide any transportations to go to the uni on the registration day. But you can confirm about this with the management. Just call PU and ask the receptionist to connect you to Mr Arumugam and clarify about this with him as he is the one who handles things about transportation and accommodation :)

If there's anything else (I really don't mind and. I'd be glad to help), you can leave your phone number at uwmaisarah@gmail.com and I'll contact you, easier and faster that way I suppose. Again congratulations junior :D

Sarah Sylph said...

Hello N.S.C,

Since you'll register on 8 September which is the same day the seniors will start their new semester, I think there will be bus provided on the 8th :)